"Fantastic workshop on fermenting foods, the Science behind it and the health benefits. Fun, informative and yummy! Thank you for your time and energy Tom. I highly recommend the experience." Claudia Brown
Regular consumption of high quality live fermented foods is scientifically proven to:
We have co-evolved with our inner community of probiotic organisms over millions of years, and when this community is out of balance, every system in the body suffers. Restoration of internal balance brings the benefits outlined above. Best of all, home fermentation is not only easy, but safe, as long as some very simple guidelines are followed. So safe in fact, that Fred Breidt (microbiologist for the USDA specialising in fermented foods) says:
“As far as I know, there has never been a documented case of food-borne illness from fermented vegetables.”
Early August date T.B.A.
• Support the immune system (increase natural resistance to colds/flu/viruses)
• Increase energy levels / weight loss
• Improve ability to digest and absorb nutrients
• Assistance with auto-immune conditions/allergies etc
• Enhance general sense of mental & physical well-being
In these workshops you will discover:
• How to successfully prepare affordable probiotic rich foods safely and easily
• Optimum doses for mental and physical well-being
• Tasty healthy recipes that children can’t resist
Tom Rothsey 0403 578 244
If you want to come to one of my workshops, download the PDF document which tells you everything you need to bring along on the day. The sooner you start, the better, as you will see. We will be busy! Download the PDF HERE
A workshop with friends and family in the comfort of your own home.
This format is fun and relaxed, and provides an intimate opportunity to learn the art of fermenting surrounded by those you love. A small group of friends and/or family have a workshop based in the kitchen or other suitable area of the home of one of the participants. It’s up to you how many people are involved based on what is comfortable for you and your environment. Dates and times are flexible, and at your convenience.
Workshops can be be tailored to suit experience, skill level, and individual needs or interests.
• fermenting to assist with specific conditions (e.g. auto-immune)
• fermenting for child health
• slow-fermented sourdough and gluten free baking
• comprehensive alcohol fermentation techniques
Post-workshop support via phone or email included
Small workshop flat rate $300, plus $35 per head on top of the workshop fee. So for a 4 person workshop, facilitated within 30 minutes of Coffs Harbour*, the total price will be $440 ($300 + 4 x $35), and a six person workshop would be $510.
*$30 for each additional part of 30 minutes travel time.
Larger workshops at varied regional venues
Set theme, venue and date (Special rates for group bookings)
At the end of the workshop, we will all know each other, and I will encourage and facilitate the formation of support networks, as well as offering my usual post-workshop support. Price dependent on content, time and venue